aka apple shape
It's time to embrace your gorgeous body shape and play up all of your favorite features. Feel confident in your shape by balancing your silhouette of broad shoulders and/or bust that narrow down to the hips with your wardrobe. With a few easy tricks enhance easily show off your strengths, like your legs. The strong upper body of this body shape lend to a athletic looking physic. It doesn't matter which of your favorite features you want to show off or hide for that matter. This guide will help you learn how to dress your beautiful interverted triangle shape!
What is an interverted triangle shape?
- Your shoulders are wider than your hips.
- Your shoulders may be strong looking, straight and wide.
- Your curves do not necessarily extend thru your hips.
- You are generally well proportioned.
- Your waistline is not well defined.
- Straight and square shoulder line.
- Your legs are one of your best assets!
- An athletic and sporty physique
GUIDELINES FOR DRESSING INTERVERTED TRIANGLE SHAPE
The power pieces in your wardrobe complement apple and interverted shapes by showing off their amazing legs and/or arms and full bust! Don't choose silhouettes that accentuate your shoulders. Pick styles that soften your shoulder line.
GUIDELINES TO EMBRACE YOUR INTERVERTED TRIANGLE SHAPE
1. Must Have Tops For Interverted Triangle Shapes
With your interverted triangle shape your wardrobe needs to include pieces that soften your neckline. Tops that you want to have in your wardrobe balance your bust with your hips by accentuating your waist. Just remember to avoid busy patterns and embellishments at the shoulders.
- Flowy Tunics
- A-Line Silhouettes
- V-Neck Anything!
- Simple Straight Lines & Wrap Tops
- Dark Colors
If you are looking for a top that will add more structure choose a solid material that will streamline your look from your bust all the way down to your hips. Thicker cotton, raw silk, linen and tweed are all tried and true substantial fabrics that will give you the structured silhouette that you want.
If you love your arms and they are one of your favorite assets then the sleeve length is where you are going to throw the rule book out the window! Strapless and sleeveless styles are the perfect choice for showing off your toned arms. For a modest look a fitted sleeve will balance out your fuller bust and the midsection of your torso. Plunging necklines will help elongate your neck.
Looking for super flattering layers? Choose vests, jackets and cardigans that hit at the hip or the upper thigh. A-line coats and ponchos are super trendy and will have you looking as fabulous as you feel.
2. Perfect Dresses For Interverted Triangle Shapes
Say YES to those dresses! Your body shape was made for dresses and now it the time to celebrate your silhouette. Iconic silhouettes for apple body shapes include strapless dresses, maxi dresses and wrap dresses. Any of these styles of dresses are made to accentuate your curves and show off your best features. Best of all with your body shape you can choose a hemline at any length. Mini if you want the hemline to fall above the knee, midi if your desired hemline is below the knee and maxi if you are looking for the hemline to fall to your ankles. If your legs are your favorite asset then a mini dress is a must have. Knee length or midi shift and sheath dresses are fabulous for the office or more formal occasions. A-line fashions are also a fabulous silhouette for you. If you are looking for a slimming style choose dark hues or diagonal stripes.
3. Don't Forget The Accessories
Accessories are your secret fashion weapon that give your outfit great effortless style. Oversized earrings, statement rings and trendy bracelets are all a must in your wardrobe. Don't forget necklaces! But, it is important to style by balancing proportions. Keep necklaces delicate and light by drawing the eye up and down with longer lengths.
4. Soften The Shoulder LineThe following tips and tricks help reduce how wide your shoulders appear and to also balance your narrower hips.
- Avoid wide necklines like square and boat necklines that are made to broaden the neckline.
- Avoid busy patterns at the neckline and embellishments at the neckline and shoulders.
5. Create Curves And Volume At The Hips
- Create the illusion of a waist when you add details at the waist.
- Choose pieces for your wardrobe that widen the hips by adding volume to the lower body.
- Bright colors and embellishments will draw attention to your legs when they are added to the lower body.
- Avoid narrowing hemlines as they will optically reduce the lower body.
FLATTERING DRESS STYLES FOR INTERVERTED TRIANGLE SHAPED BODIES
- STRAPLESS DRESSES -
Strapless dress styles look amazing when you have a interverted triangle body shape as it allows you to show off your beautiful bare arms. Just be sure to balance the outfit out by adding some volume at the hips.
- WRAP DRESSES -
No dress can accomplish what the wrap dress has been able to. This classic dress style features a v-neckline, tie waist and a-line skirt. With the tie waist a wrap dress defines the natural waist creating an ultra-slimming effect. The v-neckline enhances the bust all while accenting the hips. A plunging neckline also creates a lengthening effect for the torso.
- MAXI DRESSES -
Talk about the ultimate flattering silhouette! Simple straight lines draw the eyes from the shoulders downwards to the lower part of the dress. We love maxi dresses with high low hemlines as the are more flowy and add volume to the skirt.
Remember: Everyone and every body is different and unique. Your uniqueness is what makes you beautiful and we want you to fall in love the styles that you choose. These guidelines are only a starting point. Mix and match shapes to find the right fit for your individual shape. Discover other body shapes and which dress styles work best with our guide for dressing your body type.